Spring is in full swing and Summer is just round the corner. Automatically everyone tends to slow down and enjoys the outdoors during this time. Creating a homely look outside that is simple yet conveys a sleek and sophisticated mood in our outdoor area helps us to relax, slow down and be mindful of our natural surroundings. Highlights for Spring/Summer 2016 include the use of soft, organic and curvy shapes, earthy and natural tones, soft blues and feminine pinks as well as green which is big for 2016 – from sea green to forest green, choose your favourite shade and have fun coordinating!
- Choose natural hardwearing materials that can withstand our harsh climate, such as teak, eucalyptus and wicker for outdoor furniture to create a sophisticated, elegant mood.
- Combine wood, glass and concrete for a fresh, contemporary look. Introduce different textures through textiles in summery linens and light cottons in pastel colours or geometric patterns for an instantly updated look.
- Stripes are big and everywhere this season. Bold white and blue stripes are eye-catching, trendy and complement the Mediterranean look so well!
- Take your accessories outside! Use planters, pots, vases and tealight holders in contemporary concrete and clear glass, and terracotta in cool blue shades to complement warm woods beautifully.
- Extending the use of timber to your terrace or deck automatically creates spatial continuity and a coordinated look that is also sleek and sophisticated. For the most authentic and natural look, this can be done through hardwood decking such as IPE, which can also be extended vertically in the form of cladding, and also to provide shade from above. Luminous furniture or small globes add a warm glow for a relaxed mood outdoors.
– Proper shading is key to enjoying al fresco dining or lounging in our hot climate. Outdoor timber structures and trellises define the dining area and exude warmth whilst providing plenty of shade where it is needed most. Aluminium powder-coated daybeds add a modern sleek touch and provide cool lounging spots.
All of the above items and much more can be found at Brands International. Should you require any help in setting up your outdoor area, feel free to drop by at our showroom, and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Author: Emma Mercieca